Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

David Burke Kitchen


My sister is going away to college soon and with Summer Restaurant Week in full swing a few weeks ago, we stopped by David Burke Kitchen for lunch midweek. David Burke Kitchen is a New American restaurant located at the James Hotel. I love the ambiance and space, it has a relaxing feel and I loved the warm colors.

I wore this black slip dress from Nastygal; primarily for comfort. It was the perfect breezy dress for the humid New York City summer weather... despite it being solid black. Sometimes I feel shy wearing this dress because of how much it resembles lingerie but to be honest, I love it. Lingerie is so sexy, I think there are ways to merge lingerie into our daily styles.
{I love the soft leather menu.}
{Salmon tartar.}

| ♥ | Instagram


I am not sure if the menu just was not my liking or what, the food was decent yet I did not feel the urge to want more nor to finish my plate. For instance, I ordered a mushroom and asparagus parpadelle and thought that it was too oily. I enjoyed all the various mushrooms (I love mushrooms) and plentiful asparagus but each bite became filled with oiliness as I continued to eat.
{Tequila Mockingbird drink.}
Overall, I was a bit disappointed at lunch but I liked the simple, comfortable space. Next time, we will go try another restaurant in Tribeca, Soho or Noho.

\\Slip: Nastygal; Gladiator sandals: Free People; Bag: Lesportsac;

p.s. I made a new instagram so lets follow each other! @winscribbles
xoxo,
winscribbles

62 comments:

  1. This restaurant sounds interesting.
    Thanks you fro sharing.
    Btw i love your edgy chic look
    and that shoes is so pretty

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dress and your lipstick!! awesome blog, two thumbs up

    do check mine as well: dearchubby.wix.com/marp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read that the lunch was a disappointment, but the ambience of the place does look cool.:) And love the slip dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You´re looking great!
    Maybe we can follow each other and keep in touch? Just let me know!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dress is super cute and the food looks amazing!

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit! The food looks amazing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so lovely and the foods looks so yummy. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this black dress
    www.DianeFnk.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the dress with the lace up sandals!! really stylish!!
    the food looks delish!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the dress from Nastygal! The food looks amazing, too!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am currently loving slip dresses but not yet tried one and I think I need to! you look more than gorgeous in this outfit and hope you enjoyed yourselves
    Have a great Week!
    xx

    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, fantastic post and pictures my dear! your outfit is super cool and I am in love with those sandals :D <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the food looks amazing!!! Love everything about your look! Your hair is super cute and those sandals are amazing!!!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely look! food look tasty :)

    http://lamodalena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh, I have yet to try David Burke Kitchen! It looks amazing there. Love your outfit too, by the way! Those sandals are fabulous :)

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a cute dress!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your gladiator sandals, and the food lookin so damn yuuum :9

    Do you mind to follow each other?
    let me know<3


    xx
    http://ayudamayanthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely gladiator sandal, and the food look so damn yuum :9


    Do you mind to follow each other?
    let me know<3


    xx
    http://ayudamayanthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so stunning. Love this look and your Blog.

    Xoxo Johanna from Germany

    www.fashionstylebyjohanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was looking for new blogs to read and stopped by yours.. It is really great blog! Beautiful pictures and interesting text! Do you want to follow each other? Let me know on my blog :)

    http://itsmeieva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. The place is WOW WOW WOW...
    .
    FRENCH RIVIERA on my French blog ;) ;)
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look amazing, love the sandals + sunglasses!
    thanks for following on instagram!
    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to agree with you on the ambience of the restaurant - it's absolutely lovely. That salmon tartar looks amazing, though! xx

    La'bell || labellwong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mmm tasty food and nice trendy look!
    Kisses
    http://bambolai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like dress and this salmon tatar looks so delicious :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your hair is so cute in the two buns! The slip is so perfect for balmy New York summers. Looks like your sister and you had a really delicious meal :)

    Mili
    Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you look so pretty.

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg love the outfit just perfect and those gladiators awesome .
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look so classy. Love the bag! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look gorgeous, love everything about this outfit & your Sunnies & gladiator sandals are ROCKING <3... & I have to note out that all the food looks too damn delicious :)

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look gorgeous, love everything about this outfit & your Sunnies & gladiator sandals are ROCKING <3... & I have to note out that all the food looks too damn delicious :)

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look gorgeous, love everything about this outfit & your Sunnies & gladiator sandals are ROCKING <3... & I have to note out that all the food looks too damn delicious :)

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like a great place and I am getting really hungry right now... ;)

    Thanks a lot for your last comment : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice look and place!

    www.karenbartolomeu.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow this look is so great! Your blog is fabulous :)
    I'm following you now on Bloglovin and GFC. Could you do the same? xx

    Marianne // Picture Me

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your sandals! <3

    http://youcancallmes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how you did your hair! And that dress is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow how pretty is this outfit! You look incredible and I adore those sandals <3

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  41. STUNNING! Love the choker and sunnies! SO PRETTY!
    Hope you have a wonderful new week ahead of you!
    With love, Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful pictures, I love your lovely style, you look stunning, thanks for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Really love your style and thank you so much for likes on my Instagram

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your sunglasses are so gorgeous and different! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  46. That dress is sexy! love it

    www.stylishrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Click 'notify me' to receive updates on when I reply.
Please leave your blog url so I may visit! :)

hugs&kisses,
Winscribbles

Copyright @ winnscribbles. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign