On Friday, I had a girls' date in Brooklyn and downtown Manhattan. We spent the day in DUMBO and Tribeca, strolling around some parks. While it was sunny and very hot, it was also breezy, making the 90 degree weather seem somewhat pleasant. It was so sunny that I practically turned two shades darker within two hours of walking... haha.
For lunch, we went to Little Park, restaurant owned by Chef Andrew Carmellini, where ingredients are organic and seasonal. I loved the mix of mosaic tiles and wooden furniture with warm hints, giving the restaurant a comfortable feel. We ordered the pre-fix lunch menu since it was Restaurant Week and the food was satisfying. All the flavors tasted fresh. I would go back to eat at Little Park in a heartbeat.
 |
| {Heirloom tomatoes} |
 |
| {My friend's Vidalia onion tart with herbs in the back.} |
 |
| {Spiced swordfish sandwich with old bay remoulade.} |
 |
| {Blueberry cake with corn ice cream.} |
We opted for some popsicle drinks after dessert at a rooftop bar nearby.
Before lunch, we went to Brooklyn Bridge Park to check out an interactive "Please Touch the Art" exhibit by Jeppe Hein. It is open to the public through 2016 and the exhibit includes 18 pieces, of fun bright benches, a mirror labyrinth and rooms made out of jetting water.
\\Brami: Free People; Skirt: Urban Outfitters; Sandals: Steve Madden; Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters;
xoxo,
winscribbles
The food looks amazing! I hope you and the girls had a lovely time :) xx
ReplyDeleteAll that food looks extra yummy! It makes me want to go and eat there as well!
ReplyDeleteYum this looks amazing.
ReplyDeletewww.kindoflovely.com ♥
Ah, the food looks amazing! As well as the exhibits! :)
ReplyDeleteJhanz | www.jhanzey.net
yay i love the photos <3 all those places are so intersting <3
ReplyDeletehttp://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
♥
Love the photos:D and that food looks yummy, I'm hungry now for sureXD
ReplyDeleteMakesomedifference.blogspot.com
Awesome food pics:) And that art installation rocks!
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering looks delicious! thanks for sharing you have an amazing blog. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x
ReplyDeletekisses
http://www.theclosetelf.com/
Looks like such a fun day!
ReplyDeleteMelanie @ meandmr.com
Looks like delicious food! Your photography is stellar.
ReplyDeletexo katie // a touch of teal
Yumm, so much good food! The popsicle drinks looks so classy and sophisticated :3 The mirror labyrinth looks like so much fun! Interactive exhibits are my favorite :) I find museums pretty boring unless I get to touch stuff :P I hope you had a great day! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's
ReplyDeleteThe food looks so yummy! x
ReplyDeleteThe Belle Narrative
All the food looks so good! Beautiful photos dear!
ReplyDeleteRedLip&Love
Oh my goodness this food looks amazing!! Sounds like you had a great time and ate such yummy foods!! Have a great Monday!!
ReplyDeleteDanielle
http://www.blushblossom.com
Love your blog :) Happy Monday!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/
looks delicious and healthy!
ReplyDeletehttp://heyprettything.com
The dessert !! MIAM !
ReplyDeleteOh myyyy....I'm hungry at once!! This food look so yummy and you look pretty. :)
ReplyDeletemissymayification.blogspot.co.uk
Yummy! Very cool!))
ReplyDeleteДобро пожаловать>Baby’s On Fire Blog
Your photos are so beautiful! This looks like the perfect day in NYC :) I am totally drooling over that blueberry cake haha. & I have to visit this installation at Brooklyn Bridge Park! It looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Christina
Looks by Lau
All the food looks amazing - great photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Jenn | Jennifer Jayne
omg, this food looks amazing! i'm on diet right now and going crazy from seeing all yummy food around internet ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://differentcands.blogspot.com/
this just made me hungry..
ReplyDeletelol
New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
✿FaceBook
Your photos are awesome specially the mirror labyrinth!
ReplyDeletehttp://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com/
Wow, this all looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky thing :)
xox
Loved this post!
ReplyDeletewww.karenbartolomeu.com
lovely blog
ReplyDeleteIt look's so good. O My God!!!! yum yum yum <3 O.O
ReplyDeletekllau.com