I saw this on Sapphire's blog and thought that this was a wonderful idea.
What we have to do is show our face half bare and half with make up on -
without editing the pictures - no filters either. It is supposed to give
you confidence, and to be comfortable in your own skin.
1. When did you start to wear make up?
I started wearing makeup in seventh grade. At that time it was this pretty teal eyeliner that I found at the pharmacy. My best friend also got me into lip gloss and we always shared ours together - it was all for fun. In eighth grade however, I was bullied and I began to rely on eyeliner much more. By high school, I had started to wear concealer for my acne but I mostly stuck with concealer and black or brown eyeliner for a couple of years - my interest in lip gloss disappeared until I met MAC, haha.
2. How do you feel without make up?
I feel bare without make up but I also feel vulnerable with everyone seeing my acne scars and red blemishes. I am comfortable walking around face-naked with people that I am close with. I don't mind walking around the street face-naked but my confidence goes down a bit.
3. What do you like about make up?
I like how make up can be such an artistic tool. I love using liquid eyeliners because with different strokes, it instantaneously transforms your eyes. I love being able to play with combining two different colors for eyeshadow, though I rarely use eyeshadow now. I love using lipstick to play up or play down an outfit. And of course, I like make up for its ability to conceal and hide blemishes... I have so many acne scars from the past.
4. Tell your story about your growing love for make up!
Last year I grew in love with MAC lip products. Other than that, I have not been buying too many make up items other than foundation from Make Up For Ever {and perfume...} I have been trying to wear less makeup, especially eyeliner. I have, however, been buying more organic products and trying different products in the beauty realm - cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. I fell in love with Fresh Sugar lip balm - I mean, it has SPF 15 and it makes my lips feel really soft. One of my bucket list items is to become a make up artist so I would like to invest more in make up, try different things, and learn more about color and tone.
5. Tell your three holy grail make up products:
Make Up For Ever's Liquid Foundation
Liquid Eyeliner {but I am starting to wear it less and less often}
Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Deep Cleanser
Liquid Eyeliner {but I am starting to wear it less and less often}
Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Deep Cleanser
| Aveeno Face Cream, Dermadoctor Calm Cool and Corrected or something else that is as hydrating but less expensive. {4th item but I definitely need this!} Feel free to do this as well! :) p.s. I had a decent skin day when I took this picture. My skin's been chaotic after I went off birth control and started using clarisonic so... it can be decent one day then full-on breakouts the next. pft... but I would like to get off make up! haha. |
Haha, this is great! Today I've been taking some outfit- pictures where I also do not wear any make up and I've been thinking about if I would dare to post the pictures where one can see my face on my blog or not. Cause I'm looking quite tired without make up. It's crazy how much we got used to mape up!
ReplyDeletexx
it is! I agree, I feel the same - I look tired without make up. I'm sure the photos you took today are nice even if you did not wear any make up!! <3
DeleteI also love MAC, They have every color you can think of!
ReplyDeleteMal
www.agirlskindoftherapy.blogspot.com
they do! just so awesome :D
DeleteYou look lovely without makeup! This is a great tag :)
ReplyDeleteThankyou for the comment on my blog, I am now your newest follower !
http://immisarah.blogspot.co.uk/
Immi Sarah xx
aw that's sweet dear :)
DeleteI followed you back<3
Ive always wanted to try this, it looks like a lot of fun! :D
ReplyDeleteIt was fun, haha. do try! It was interesting to do. :)
DeleteCool tag, and super awesome picture. I like Aveeno face cream too. It's not my holy grail but I do use it from time to time.
ReplyDeleteGirlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less
thanks!! I wish it wasn't my holy grail but I need it desperately >.<
Deleteyour skin looks amazing... i dont see a difference between the left and right!!! im jealous! :(
ReplyDeleteXXX
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/
aw, thanks Eleanor. it was one of those lucky rare days <3
Deletelove your blog! followed xx
ReplyDeleteblondewavyhair.blogspot.com
thank you Sofie!! I followed you back :)
DeleteBoth sides look just as gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteIf you get any time spare, please come and visit my blog :)
www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk
Helen
x
ahh, that's sweet of you Helen. :)
DeleteGreat tag! Both sides of your face look gorgeous :)
ReplyDeleteBlack&Vanilla
xx
aww, thanks Ire!! <3 :D
DeleteThanks for your visit on my blog. I follow you, hope you`ll follow me back :P
ReplyDeleteCriss
http://beautyspellblog.blogspot.ro/
What a fun tag! I love liquid eyeliner too! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Love your blog :)
ReplyDeletehighheeledconfusion.blogspot.com
Wow, amazing :)
ReplyDeletehttp://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/
really great!!!! love your blog!! <3
ReplyDeletethank you so much bobby! :)
Deletexx
hahah love the picture ;P
ReplyDeletehttp://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/
Very clever and inspirational! I hate make up! I know so bad! I guess thats the beach girl in me!! Haha. Great blog!
ReplyDeletemintclothingcompany.blogspot.com
Xx,
Jess
lols that's not a bad thing at all! I always think it's better with less makeup, but sometimes I get into it.
DeleteYou're a natural beauty, with or without makeup! Every one has flaws. It's all about being comfortable in your own skin! x
ReplyDeleteCarly
www.theislandsecret.com
you're too sweet Carly :)
Delete<3!
A really great idea ^^ I don't really like doing any make-up lol but, I think you look great without make-up
ReplyDeleteCaroline
http://missoline.blogspot.com
thanks Caroline :) hehe, I'm trying. :D
Deletexx
Nice tag!!
ReplyDeleteDon't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'
Love also MAC Lipsticks :) ,great Tag!
ReplyDeletefollow new ,mind follow back please? :)
Lovely Greetings from Vienna ♡ xoxo
great idea! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. Really you look wonderful without make up too <3
ReplyDeletexo
glamDevils
thank you Mira, <33
DeleteI loved your look, great make up:) thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAnd also thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.
I'd like to follow each other. I'm following you via GFC now, would you like to follow me back?
thank you so much, kisses
please come back later again!
http://styleglaze.blogspot.com
this is such a good and interesting post I may have to do this tag too!
ReplyDeletethanks for the blog comment :) follow for follow? www.studdedkisses.com
Hi! Thank you so much for your comment :). I really liked your blog and I'm following you now ;). It would be really great if you coulf follow me back :).
ReplyDeletehttp://semjeitonenhum.blogspot.pt
this is a cool idea..looking great btw..thanks for visiting earlier..following u now *GFC & Bloglovin..follow us back too? thanks : )
ReplyDeletexoxo
www.canvirries03.blogspot.com
hehe thank youuu :)
DeleteI followed you back on both :D
xx
This is a very interesting and fun tag to read :)
ReplyDeleteReally well done :)
Love,
Janice
the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl
aw, I appreciate that Janice :D
Deletegreat post :)
ReplyDeletelovely blog :9
following U
kisses :)
thats a great idea.. so, we can see the different with our without make up..
ReplyDeletegreat post..
kuti
www.ishootstyle.com
Nice post! Xx
ReplyDeleteAveno face cream works really good
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear)) Follow your blog back)
ReplyDeletehttp://karinamalinana.blogspot.ru/
fun post , thanks for stopping by my blog .
ReplyDeletehttp://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/
you still look lovely without or with make up and I agree with you that make up can be such an artistic tool!
ReplyDeletexo,
I am Tiffany
Hello !! I am your follower /
ReplyDeleteAppreciate if U can FOLLOW me back Please ?:)
Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
I follow you BEFORE ! Wanna be your friend!
Follow me back on facebook ,instagram, twitter,and GFC and add me as a friend in GFC
love you dear :)
Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
MarcBelle Chanelene
cool post
ReplyDeletehttp://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/
xxx
Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteso brave of you to do this, I don't think I could! You're very pretty
ReplyDeletetie-dye-eyes
aww, you can do it too! I am sure :)
Deletexx
great tag! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your answers to all the questions. You look lovely :)
ReplyDelete-fifi
aww thank you Fifi. :)
DeleteHahah nice tag! how fun
ReplyDeletestylejourneys
You look beautiful :) what a fun post!
ReplyDeleteWondering if you would like to follow each other? :)
Please let me know.
Yuliconversations.blogspot.com
love this!
ReplyDeletelove, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com
a great post! thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeletexx
great great great post! :)
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Diaz Hadian http://diazhadian.blogspot.com
i love aveeno products! and you look great without makeup
ReplyDeletexx
www.therefinedrepository.blogspot.com
me too! thanks Fiona! :)
Deletewith or without makeup, you're pretty already! yes i love how a simple stuff like eyeliner could beauty my face :)
ReplyDeleteFebrina, you're too sweet!! :)
Deletewonderful idea. i love it!
ReplyDeleteFASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita
cool interview, you look gorgeous, great post!! I have a new post up, i'd love to know what you think! xx
ReplyDeletehttp://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca
Ohh I love your blog :))
ReplyDeletewould you like to follow each other ?
XOXO
Editarial
Your blog is most adorable :) I have followed you... How about we follow eachother?
ReplyDeleteChannichic.blogspot.com
yes we should be comfortable in our own skin! great make up post <3
ReplyDeleteVersicle.
Nice post :)
ReplyDeletedo you want to follow each other ? just let me know :)
Heels on Gasoline Blog Keep coming to see more :)
What a beautiful idea!
ReplyDeleteSDMxx
www.daringcoco.com
amazing!! love this tag! :p I would love to follow each other dear!! thank you so much for asking:)) just let me know once you follow me and I will follow you right back!!:)
ReplyDeleteLeonor
thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com
I often don't wear makeup when I am out doing chores but I do when I go out or to work
ReplyDeleteAli of
www.aloandang.com
Great blog!!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower.
Follow me back?
xoxo
http://www.its-dash.blogspot.nl/
Lovely post!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog :) would you like to follow each other?
Xoxo
Rouge and Chocolate Blog
Rouge and Chocolate Facebook
Rouge and Chocolate Twitter
Very very inspiring. Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin' or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you=)
ReplyDeletehttp://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/
Wauw you are beautiful!!
ReplyDeletexx Fesi-Noir
aw you're sweet. :)
DeleteLovely blog :)
ReplyDeletehttp://aimerose.blogspot.com/
ahhaha started wearing make up when I was like 4 years old.. for our play..
ReplyDeletenice post..
Great blog! I hope you have time to visit my blog and check out my latest posts.
ReplyDeleterienbautista.blogspot.com
Great idea - I might try doing that. :)
ReplyDeleteyay! I hope you do! :D
DeleteYou have very beautiful blog! :)
ReplyDeleteMine - www.umostyle.com
P.S. You are so lovely!
waoo what a difference!!! you look great with that lipstick!
ReplyDeletewww.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com
lovely @ the lips are adorable!
ReplyDelete♥,
claireteressa.blogspot.com
Lust auf ein Gewinnspiel? ♥
ReplyDeletehttp://do-you-believe-in.blogspot.de/2012/11/no-77.html
Love your make up! You look stunning! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
ReplyDeletekisses and have a nice day,
http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/
thanks sweetie, you are stunning yourself! <3
DeleteThank you sweetie! I follow you back with GFC and Bloglovin!
ReplyDeleteLet's stay in touch!:)
Kisses:*
http://joannas-secret.blogspot.com/
Hi sweetie!
ReplyDeleteOh, nice tag! love knowing more about you
xoxo
This is wonderful. Really nice post!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.tributetothetribe.com
thank you! :D
Deletexx :P
ReplyDelete<33
ReplyDeleteLove your outfits.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Great post!)Nice blog! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
ReplyDeletehttp://www.elationofcreation.com/
A babe with and without
ReplyDelete↠Mondays & Mimosas↞